Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i backed up my old 6 and restored it to the new one, but the pictures havent loaded to the phone. it shows the date it was taken, but says loading when you select it.

any ideas?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 3:05 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:48 AM in response to chief13r2

Hi chief13r2,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you backed up your old iPhone and restored your new iPhone from that backup, but your photos haven’t downloaded yet. It sounds like you iCloud to backup and restore from the backup. If this is the case, restoring from an iCloud can take time, depending on how much data is being restored. For more information, please reference the attached article.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

The restore process is taking a long time to finish

The amount of time needed by the restore process depends on your geographical location and the speed of your Internet connection. Even with a fast Internet connection, the restore process might take 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte to complete.

If you're traveling between countries, the restore process might take longer than usual. iCloud is tuned to provide the best service when you're in the geographical location from which you most frequently connect to the Internet. When restoring from an iCloud backup, iCloud is tuned to provide the best service in the geographical region you were in when you created the backup.

Best regards,

Joe

i backed up my old 6 and restored it to the new one, but the pictures havent loaded to the phone. it shows the date it was taken, but says loading when you select it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.