Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I boot my early 2011 macbook pro it is now very slow and pull us the (Command R) window... Pictures Included.

I took my Early 2011 MacBook Pro into the local apple store and they ran their GPU test, and my Mac actually passed it. The Apple employee then ran a hardware test and the logic board, battery, and optical drive showed problems. The Genius told me about their flat rate $310 repair deal, and I am going to take advantage of it...

Today when I am able to boot up my mac it loads very slow (showing a beachball during start up) and then the window we get when pressing Command R shows up asking me to press enter for English, and then after that it shows options like Disk Utility, Restore from Time Machine backup, Reinstall OS X, and Get online help options...

I erased my drive (Crucial SSD) and restored from Time Machine backup, and I am still having this issue... Please help.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15 Inch 2Ghz

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 1:37 PM

5 replies

When I boot my early 2011 macbook pro it is now very slow and pull us the (Command R) window... Pictures Included.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.