Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod touch 5 is frozen on the lockscreen and i cant do anything except restart it and that doesnt hekp. will getting a new screen help? or is there another, less exspensive way? also, it is not connected to wifi.

I need to fix my ipod and i don't know how, i am hoping that if i leave it alone over night that it will fix itself,

its on the lock screen and i cant do anything with the screen, i tried restarting it and it didnt work, so because i restarted it, it is not connected to wifi.

please help.

will getting a new screen help? or is there an easier, less expensive way?

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:06 PM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2015 1:46 AM in response to OpFire18

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Mar 29, 2015 9:00 AM in response to littlepeach_

On the 4G and later iPod touch the display screen and touch sensor is all one bonded unit and can only be replaced as one unit.

littlepeach_ wrote:

Buying a new screen will not help you. It sounds like you need a new sensor. I forgot the technical name, but it's the sensor that detects detects your fingers when you touch the screen. You can buy them online, but I do not recommend trying to repair it yourself.

Mar 29, 2015 1:33 PM in response to OpFire18

Have you tried restoring the iPod via iTunes?

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

Replacing the screen will work if the screen is the cause of the problem. The problem could be a bad logic board or cable connection.

If restoring does not work than I would go to an Apple store like the last action in my first reply said.

my ipod touch 5 is frozen on the lockscreen and i cant do anything except restart it and that doesnt hekp. will getting a new screen help? or is there another, less exspensive way? also, it is not connected to wifi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.