Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A visitor from Japan is unable to connect an iPhone or a Macbook Air to my Airport Extreme it says the password is invalid but the password works for other devices?

Am unable connect a MacBook Air to Airport Extreme using a valid password get an error message that password is invalid. The Mac belongs to a visitor from Japan?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:51 PM

Test by simplifying the name for the wireless and set names for the two bands..

eg AE24ghz and AE5ghz.

Then use no security.. does the MBA and iphone then join..

If so put back security.. wpa2 with simple password, no spaces pure alphanumeric mixed case and numbers.

If no connection test with fixed channels .. say 11, 9, 6 in that order for 2.4ghz.

Don't worry about 5ghz for now.. if it still won't join it is somehow incompatible.. you need to reset the Japanese devices but I am not sure how.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:51 PM in response to Thosie

Test by simplifying the name for the wireless and set names for the two bands..

eg AE24ghz and AE5ghz.

Then use no security.. does the MBA and iphone then join..

If so put back security.. wpa2 with simple password, no spaces pure alphanumeric mixed case and numbers.

If no connection test with fixed channels .. say 11, 9, 6 in that order for 2.4ghz.

Don't worry about 5ghz for now.. if it still won't join it is somehow incompatible.. you need to reset the Japanese devices but I am not sure how.

A visitor from Japan is unable to connect an iPhone or a Macbook Air to my Airport Extreme it says the password is invalid but the password works for other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.