Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple consider an update to the Amber Alert feature?

I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6 (iOS 8.2 as of 3/28/15), from an iPhone 4, which did not have the Amber and Emergency Alert features. I received my first Amber Alert in the wee hours of the morning today, breaking through my DND (which I've read is part of the system). It scared the stuffing out of me. I am all for these alerts, and would certainly do what I could to help if I were in a position to, but when I'm fast asleep and at least an hour away from the location of the alert, having an air raid noise blast through my home seems unnecessary. I'm not going to run outside in the dark to look for a truck that is on the other side of the state.

Apple: will you please consider allowing users to choose the sound (as on other notifications) or mute it for this, and also make changes to the display, so that it will remain on the home screen until the user dismisses it, as by the time I figured out the noise's origin, the alert disappeared before I could really read it (yes, I do know how to pull up alerts, but again, in the fog of a rude awakening, I didn't have all my faculties about me at first).

These seem simple requests that will prevent people turning the feature off completely, which I have now done (unfortunately) until a fix is created. Thank you for reading.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:58 PM

2 replies

Will Apple consider an update to the Amber Alert feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.