Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can contacts and activity be hidden

Is it possible to hide some of my contacts and my activity (imessage, skype, facetime, etc) with them on my ipod.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:18 PM

You cannot hide contacts, and the only way to hide activity in iMessage would be to delete the messages.

8 replies

Mar 28, 2015 2:36 PM in response to lllaass

How would i know if that was being done... here's the situation my girlfriend has andhere's the situation my girlfriend has an ipod touch. she also has a tendency to associate in appropriately with her ex boyfriends. we went through and deleted all of her ex boyfriends off of her iPod but recently when looking around in it I found them. the only way to see them is to go in to iMessage and begin a message, go to the upper right corner and add a contact. onThen once you type the first letter or two of their names and then suddenly they show up. it shows up in blue lettering and if you push the little information icon next to their names then it brings up their information. in the center of that information in red letters is an option to delete from recent... so I guess what I'm asking is in your opinion does it appear as though she is maintaining contact with them?

Mar 28, 2015 2:40 PM in response to monkeybell77

Just because you deleted them, does not remove them from the iPod cache that holds that information for doing just what you are trying to do, and that is typing in a name into a message or email address. The only way to remove them completely is to restore the device as new, and then restore the data to the iPod individually. The cache is not something that can be removed in any other way.

Mar 28, 2015 2:46 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Is there a way to know if there has been recent activity with aid contacts Tho. This has sincerely been an emotionally agonizing journey with her. But for several months tho now she has seemed to be focused. I dont want to confront her with these discoveries if they are 5 or 6 monymonths old. Is there a way to know if its recent activity or no...?

Mar 28, 2015 2:50 PM in response to monkeybell77

You have been told what you can tell about the device. The information is available to the device, but there is no way for you to see if it is recent or not.

This is not an iPod issue. This issue has to do with whether you trust her or not. If you are going to keep checking into the device, then nothing is going to work. You are not even sure right now if you believe two of us that have explained what you are seeing.

can contacts and activity be hidden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.