Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fantastical 2 for Mac . . . problems?

Any issues with Fantastical 2 for Mac from App Store?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:24 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2017 7:50 AM in response to AppleHinges

Yes, there are issues. Fantastical does not work with Exchange accounts in High Sierra. Not sure if this is the result of a bug in Fantastical or (increasingly likely these days) in Apple's Mac OS bug-fest.

My Exchange calendars do not show up in Fantastical, but are visible in the Calendar app. The indicator at the bottom of the Fantastical drop-down window just spins... forever — but never loads the calendar.

On the off-chance that this is a Fantastical issue, can anyone recommend an alternative? Thanks.

Apr 1, 2015 7:48 PM in response to AppleHinges

Yes I have some bugs to report. First; sometimes if there are more than three events they are not displayed in the calender view but are findable with the search function (so they are synced but not shown) and second with the update 2.0.1. the "today widget" is completely gone. I think it's a bit disappointing to release a such unreliable calender with this much promises and demand 40 bucks!

Apr 1, 2015 7:49 PM in response to planet360

Yeah, price certainly doesn't match performance. My research reveals there are many unhappy LOYAL customers experiencing multiple bugs. Flexibits so far hasn't offered any incentive for those of us wishing to upgrade from Fantastical 1 (which I purchased Jan. 23, 2015). They told me they "didn't want to have a launch sale, but felt prior users should get some sort of discount, so we decided on the 20% launch sale." Hopefully, bugs will be fixed soon on their "all-new app."

Fantastical 2 for Mac . . . problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.