Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download missing episodes of podcasts in Itunes

ITunes often stops downloading podcasts that I have fallen behind on. I cannot find a way to re-acquire the missing podcasts other than unsubscribe and re-subscribing.

Why is there no option for this by right-clicking on the podcast? Is there a way to do it besides unsubscribing?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 4:05 PM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:04 AM in response to robertfromlees summit

Hey robertfromlees summit,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, iTunes does not download podcasts if you have not listened to that podcast in a while. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Podcasts app for iOS: Managing subscriptions - Apple Support

If you do not play or access a subscription within 15 days, your subscription to that podcast will go inactive and you will no longer receive updates to it. As soon as you access the subscription again it will refresh.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Mar 31, 2015 12:29 PM in response to mario49

I don't understand what you mean by "access the subscription"? I opened the podcast in the ITunes store but that did nothing. I have tried every right-click option in the podcast but none see to get me the latest episodes.

I right-click on the podcast name and try "Mark as Played", "Mark as UnPlayed", "Refresh Podcast", "Get Info", "Show Description", "Reset Plays", "Check Selection", "Uncheck Selection", as well as a few other options that are obviously irrelevant.

Can you tell me what steps and from what menus I must proceed in order to "Access" the podcast? I have learned that ITunes usually only supports one precise sequence of steps for doing something, but I find that precise sequence hard to discover.

How do I download missing episodes of podcasts in Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.