Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 Not Charging-dead-Can't get serial

My iPad 2 suddenly decided that my charger, that I've used daily for years, is not supported by the iPad. Then the battery died, and still would not accept a charge, even though I've tried different outlets, plugged it into my computer, and finally bought a new Apple brick charger. No avail. I can not get my serial number to reach tech support because the iPad is DEAD. Zilch. No Power.

How frustrating is this whole issue? Very. I have not been able to run my business because my WHOLE life is on that iPad. I need help. Both for my addiction to my iPad and the fact that I am staring at a black screen. Help.

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:40 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 5:57 PM in response to amberpoem

amberpoem wrote:

My iPad 2 suddenly decided that my charger, that I've used daily for years, is not supported by the iPad. Then the battery died, and still would not accept a charge, even though I've tried different outlets, plugged it into my computer, and finally bought a new Apple brick charger. No avail. I can not get my serial number to reach tech support because the iPad is DEAD. Zilch. No Power.

How frustrating is this whole issue? Very. I have not been able to run my business because my WHOLE life is on that iPad. I need help. Both for my addiction to my iPad and the fact that I am staring at a black screen. Help.

A friendly word of advice. It is NEVER advisable to have your 'WHOLE life' on any device. Every piece of technology we use is subject to failure. You should always backup critical info & have it stored In more than one place. Hopefully Apple will be able to fix your iPad. I feel your pain & had a similar situation happen to me with my computer a few years ago, Now I backup to the Cloud, to my iMac, to an external hard drive & several online storage sites.

iPad 2 Not Charging-dead-Can't get serial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.