Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded the imovie when I bought my iPad mini 2 for free, but now I can't download it again

I downloaded the iMovie when I bought my iPad mini 2, but now I can't download it again. I have iMovie on my computer and I can download it to my tablet from computer, but not from AppStore.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 4:26 PM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:08 AM in response to kokakos

Greetings kokakos,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you downloaded iMovie on your iPad for free when you purchased your iPad, but now you cannot download it again for free. It sounds to me like your iPad may be currently using a different Apple ID that initially downloaded iMovie. As the attached article suggests, I would first make sure you are using the same Apple ID to download past purchases. The term purchases also refers to free applications that were downloaded using your Apple ID.

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Sign in with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an item.

Cheers,

Joe

I downloaded the imovie when I bought my iPad mini 2 for free, but now I can't download it again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.