Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble importing digital videos from Handycam to iMovie

Hi,

It worked well until yesterday, but suddenly I can't import my DVs from my Handycam into iMovie. A message appears: 'you haven't selected the storage site for this import', but even though I tried to find a storage site, I could not find one anywhere - when really all I want to do is import the thing into the iMovie site from where I can then export it to an external storage. As I said, it worked smoothly until yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 10:15 AM

Hello Caravaccio,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

i understand that you would like to import video from your Handycam, but are receiving errors during the process. In this situation, I would suggest reading over the attached linked information for instructions on importing digital video to iMovie. If this is the same process you are using and are receiving the same alert, please let me know at what step in the process this happens.

Import from file-based cameras - iMovie Help

Have a great day,

Joe

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 10:15 AM in response to Caravaccio

Hello Caravaccio,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

i understand that you would like to import video from your Handycam, but are receiving errors during the process. In this situation, I would suggest reading over the attached linked information for instructions on importing digital video to iMovie. If this is the same process you are using and are receiving the same alert, please let me know at what step in the process this happens.

Import from file-based cameras - iMovie Help

Have a great day,

Joe

Apr 3, 2015 7:38 PM in response to Caravaccio

Help, it's NOT working! It did, once, and now it isn't. I get stuck at the pop-up menu "Import to"; I click and create a new event, give it a name and then click the blue button on bottom right "Import" ( it doesn't say "Import All", though), and immediately the familiar message appears that says I haven't selected a place to save it on to. I'm sure I have followed the steps carefully. I would be grateful for any additional advice.

Thanks,

Caravaccio

Apr 5, 2015 2:34 PM in response to AppleJoe

Many thanks for your help, Joe, but I just can't seem to get anywhere. My iMovie version is 10.0.6 and I can't find a toolbar anywhere, so there is no "File" to go to where I can create a new library. It's just really frustrating, I am giving up, I just don't have the time and patience anymore, but thanks for your support anyway.

Caravaccio

Trouble importing digital videos from Handycam to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.