Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad RAM?

When I boot up my Macbook pro is will start with a fuzzy login screen. After logging in it will bring me to the same log in screen that is crisp. After double log in it will boot up. Also, it is almost like it never really goes to sleep when closed. It still chews through battery.

How do I do a diagnostic to check the sticks of RAM? My last Macbook I had a disk with diagnostic tools.....

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:59 PM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 11:42 AM in response to montana357

Hello montana357,

Based on your post it seems you are experiencing issues when starting up your Mac. That can certainly be frustrating. The following articles provide troubleshooting steps you may want to explore:

Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support

You may also want to consider resetting your computer's PRAM:

OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

If your Mac doesn’t seem to be remembering your speaker volume, display resolution, or the disk it should be using during startup, you may need to reset your computer’s PRAM.

Resetting PRAM may change some system settings and preferences. Use System Preferences to restore your settings.

Important: To print these instructions, click the Share button User uploaded file in the Help window, then choose Print.
  1. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on your Mac.

4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

5. Release the keys.

After resetting your computer’s PRAM, you may need to update your speaker volume, display resolution, and startup disk preferences. For more information about PRAM, see the Apple Support article About NVRAM and PRAM.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

Bad RAM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.