Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover events and photos from iphoto 9.6.

I accidentally deleted all my events and photos in iphoto 9.6. Inadvertently selected all 'events' and hit delete (actually that is not supposed to happen, but it did) They are not in iphoto trash. I have OSX Yosemite and the storage still shows Photos taken up most of disk space.

I do have backup in but in old iphoto version 6.

iPhoto '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 4:49 PM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2015 12:00 AM in response to dflittle94502

It's not there either. I think mass delete does not go to any trash.

Has the size of your iPhoto Library changed? Where is the iPhoto Library stored? On an external disk or on your system drive, and if external, how is the drive mounted? If you delete from iPhoto and empty iPhoto's Trash the photos will go to the system Trash, unless the library is on an external drive, that is remotely mounted.

Another reason might be, if you imported the photos referenced, that is, when the original image files are not stored inside the iPhoto library, but iPhoto is referencing them in their original location outside the library. You are importing referenced, if disabled the iPhoto Preference "Importing. Copy items to the iPhoto Library". In that case the originals of your missing events will be still exactly where they have been, when you imported them to iPhoto.

Mar 29, 2015 10:44 AM in response to léonie

Hmm... that makes sense. The iPhoto library is on my system drive. The size of my photo library has not changed. So I think my iphoto library is corrupted now. The good thing is i can still see the photos from the 'Master' folder and I also have back up copy. I think what I need to do is repair the library and if that does not work then rebuild the library, and if that does not work then I can always go back to my old backup. But that would take a very long time since the library is very big. Am I on the right track? Thanks for your input.

Mar 29, 2015 10:51 AM in response to dflittle94502

The size of my photo library has not changed.

That is good, then the original photos are still there.

The good thing is i can still see the photos from the 'Master' folder and I also have back up copy.

Is there also a folder "Old Masters" or only "Masters"?

• If you only have a "Masters" folder, try all iPhoto Library First Aid Options in turn - repair permissions, repair and rebuild the library.
  • If you also have an Old Masters folder with many photos inside, the First Aid Tools will not be able to fix this - that is caused by a bug with no known fix. Then restore from your backup and add any missing photos from the current Masters folder.

How do I recover events and photos from iphoto 9.6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.