Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain upon leaving Family Sharing. How do I end the "background activity" that is the apparent problem?

After leaving family sharing, having found out that is doesn't work properly in Mountain Lion, our two iPhones are suffering rapid battery drain due, I suspect, to "background activity." This is indicated in battery usage stats on both phones. It read 45% on an iPhone5 and 67% on an iPhone4S. They might be desperately trying to sync. One phone will not allow two reminder lists that were deleted by the organizer while family sharing was activated. The failure to delete is on the iCloud account of the invitee, not the organizer.

What a mess. For amusement: I have absolutely no use for family sharing, but I did not gather that is was really about iTunes and parental control.

Anybody got a fix for this? How to sever the two Macs and the two iPhones' "belief" that Family Sharing linkage still exists?

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 5:31 PM

There are no replies.

Battery Drain upon leaving Family Sharing. How do I end the "background activity" that is the apparent problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.