Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD is stripping most color from my images in my slideshow. Please help!

I have received so much help from this forum....

I am running iDVD 7.1.2 and Mavericks 10.9.5.

So I started an iDVD project about 18 months ago on a different computer.

I saved the project to an external HDD so I could move it from an iMac with a bad DVD drive to a MacBook with an awesome superdrive. This has always worked for me.

But I don't think think that information affects my current problem.... just tossing it out there because sometimes information we don't think is relevant is certainly relevant to a knowledgeable person!

Fast forward 18 months or so. I open the project on another computer, but iDVD is stripping all but the brightest colors from the images in my slideshow.

Is this a Mavericks thing?

I have tried, in numerous variations, even to the point of starting a completely new DVD project and dropping the images into the app..... still the same problem: all the images are mostly black and white (or gray tones at best), with the occasional colored brightest elements from the original photo. (It's a cool effect, just not appropriate or desirable for this particular project.)

I have tried the project on different computers, both with opening a new project and with building a new project. It just doesn't matter. The slideshow images lose color. Except, an interesting caveat is that if I pause the playback, click the previous slide button, then play: the image has full color again. But subsequent images are again B&WwC.

I figure it must be something awry with the settings in Wirecast.....

Thank you so much for any assistance.

Dee Dee

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:40 PM

3 replies

iDVD is stripping most color from my images in my slideshow. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.