Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Photos for Mac importing problem

Hi everyone,

When I was trying to import photos on the new photos app for mac, it doesn’t create an album, it just imports it to the photos section and we have to manually create album names manually. It would be much better if it will act the same way as the iPhoto and Aperture does. Or is there anyway to do this? I really like how fast the new Photos app for Mac is but it's just missing some great features that Aperture has.

PS: I know I am in the wrong section to post this since Photos for Mac as a category is not yet an option then I chose to place it here inside the aperture area.

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:45 AM

Photos is a very different app from iPhoto and Aperture. It has different capabilities and possibilities, different limitations, he said nicely. In some ways it can seem quite limited indeed. This is one.

4 replies

Mar 29, 2015 1:45 AM in response to jayzy

Photos cannot do much more than described in the Preview: Apple - OS X - Photos Preview

It is in no way a successor to Aperture, as it makes the library organisation automatic, based on Moments by capture date and location. The events/projects have been discontinued. And since Moments are created automatically, there are no tools to structure the library yourself. Use keywords, titles, captions, and smart albums.

But to create your album for a new import quickly, select all photos in the "Last Import" album and create a new album.

New Photos for Mac importing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.