Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server unexpectedly dropped connection

I recently switched to a dual band router and have been getting "server unexpectedly dropped connection" a lot. So far it's been happening with all Wiki pages, or when I try to click on any link turned up by Google search. Needless to say it's quite crippling.

I've found that if I switch to ethernet the problem is solved, but that creates some limitations in terms of where I can use my MBP. Anyone know a fix? Help would be greatly appreciated. The problem persists on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:03 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2015 11:50 PM in response to Linc Davis

It's not that I'm unable to stay connected. Other things that require a stable connection - gaming, for instance - work fine. The browser for whatever reason just refuses to load pages, saying it can't connect to the server. I made sure I have OpenDNS and Google's public DNS listed but that hasn't helped.

So far, Safari consistently fails to open links via Google search or Wikipedia, and Chrome fails intermittently (haven't found a surefire way to trigger the fail)

Server unexpectedly dropped connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.