Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream shares photos from shared albums to my computer, but "My Photostream" on my computer is empty. How can I get my photos to upload to my computer?

I have an iPhone 6 now, but I had an iPhone 5s previously. My Photostream stopped uploading pictures to my computer in November, 2013. If I create a shared album on my phone, it uploads to my PC, but "My Photostream" does not update. I've reset settings on the phone, turned sharing on and off, restarted my phone, updated operating systems, paid for more storage on iCloud.

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:14 PM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 11:45 AM in response to monienon

Greetings monienon,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have your My Photo Stream activated on your iPhone but nothing is showing in My Photo Stream in iPhoto. In this situation, I would recommend working through the suggested troubleshooting steps for this situation located in the attached article.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

I don't see any photos in the My Photo Stream view of iPhoto or Aperture.

1. Make sure your Mac has an active Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. If you can't connect to the Internet, updates to My Photo Stream won't appear in iPhoto or Aperture. You can use these steps to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your Mac.
  2. From your Mac, choose System Preferences > iCloud.
  3. Make sure that the Photo Stream checkbox is selected and you're signed in to the same iCloud account that you're using on your other supported devices.
  4. Open iPhoto or Aperture, then choose Preferences > iCloud (or Photo Stream).
    • If you're using iPhoto 9.4 or later or Aperture 3.4 or later, make sure that My Photo Stream is selected. If you want all new photos that you upload to your iPhoto or Aperture library to upload to My Photo Stream, select Automatic Upload.
    • If you're using iPhoto 9.2.2 through 9.3.2, or Aperture 3.2.3 through 3.3.2, select Enable Photo Stream and Automatic Import.

Cheers,

Joe

Photostream shares photos from shared albums to my computer, but "My Photostream" on my computer is empty. How can I get my photos to upload to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.