Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari crashes on iPhone 5 when loading any webpage in iOS 8.2

Whenever I open Safari on my iPhone 5 in iOS 8.2 and try to load any website or bookmark Safari tries to load it for about 30 seconds then crashes (quits). I have rebooted and cleared Safari data. It still crashes. This was not a problem before the last iOS update which I installed with no problem the first day it was available using iTunes and a USB connection. Any help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 4:07 AM in response to JSJ1020

Iphone 5, ios 8.2

I have this issue as well. We have a website in development, safari crashes about 50% of the time I when try to load this URL. It seems to happen for 'bookmark' loading only, which is even more weird. Given that it happens consistently but only half the time, it is a race condition internal to Safari/IOS that our website is triggering. This bug was introduced in 8.2, most likely a side effect of some other fix.

I have filed a bug report with Apple, and provided crash-logs. If possible, please file a bug report with Apple bugreporter, and upload the crash logs. If they have more reproducible bug reports and crashlogs, hopefully they will fix it in 8.3.

Safari crashes on iPhone 5 when loading any webpage in iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.