Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone replacement not in very good condition? Is it refurbished?

I cannot contact Apple via Apple Support because my iPhone 6 is no longer with me. The support process needed me to have the device with me.

Here's the issue: The replacement unit, which had to come all the way from Singapore, had 2 black paint marks on the top left portion of the device, a scratch between the headphone jack and the charging port, and kinks in the charging port. It's IMPOSSIBLE to say that this is a BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT.

I purchased the unit in December 2014. I noticed that it had a white spot on one of the corners of the screen, but ignored since it was too small to notice. In February 2015, I dropped by at iFix Center in Ecoland, Davao City to have my iPhone checked for a different issue and also showed the white spot on the screen, which is now bigger than when I first saw it. I was advised that the phone needs to be replaced since the white spot on the screen is a factory defect. I was also informed that over time, the white spot will worsen and so it warrants replacement.

I just received the replacement phone yesterday, March 28, 2015. And I clearly thought it wasn't brand new at all. I saw 4 defects on the body. iFix Center will again try to get the replacement phone replaced. Yes, and I'll probably have to wait for another month? Please don't let me wait that long. It's not my fault to get a bad quality iPhone 6 as replacement. I need help in expediting this request. And please provide me with a BRAND NEW replacement. Because honestly, my older iPhone 6 had no kinks. I take care of my phone the best possible way. And I get it replaced with a more used up phone, which is really frustrating.

I purchased the phone just two or three days after its launch in the Philippines. And then in February, I had to let go of it for a month so I can have it replaced, and now the replacement is here and I just can't receive it because of its very poor quality. This is really bad.

I already waited one month for my iPhone 6 replacement. And iFix Center did not even give me an extra phone so I had to put my older phone (iPhone 3G) out of retirement so i can wait for my iPhone 6 replacement. I don't blame iFix Center employees. They were very good at helping me out with my request and they were only following company policies. But I just don't like why I was given a bad quality phone that came all the way from Singapore. Please don't make me wait for another month to get my replacement. I'm an Apple fan; I have the iPhone 3G, 4 and now 6. So, please don't let me down on this. Thank you.

To track my request, here's my information:

Below is the unit that had to get replaced due to white spot on the screen. This is not the replacement unit that had 4 defects on it.

Unit: MG4F2PP/A iPhone 6, Space Gray, 64GB

(1P) Part No. MG4F2PP/A

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:41 PM

5 replies

Jan 3, 2017 7:39 AM in response to Christian Villapaz

We have the same phone and in the same country. I dropped mine in a cemented floor and the screen was broken, but still usable. Tried to inquire for replacements but I did not like the idea of surrendering your old phone before you can be given the replacement. I preferred to buy a new model this time. Very frustrating for a supposed to be excellent company.

Mar 28, 2015 11:17 PM in response to Christian Villapaz

For the most part, you will have to contact Apple directly and not through these

community support discussions, since Apple usually will not reply to requests in

these support threads. Most replies here are from those fellow users, and not of

Apple, its representatives or employees. This is a user-to-user volunteer driven

technical forum, with occasional intervention by Community Hosts or moderators.

You may be able to use one of the worldwide phone support numbers to see if

some representative in your region, or perhaps Singapore [Apple?] or wherever

the independent company you have been dealing with, got the phone for you.

The iPhone does not have an international warranty, so the item you received

may have been a repaired model that was pre-owned. The description implies

it was not cosmetically pleasing, either. So I understand your situation, yet not

in a position to do anything to correct the issues or make good your unhappiness.

Contact Apple:

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Philippines - retail contact

For iPhone feedback to Apple:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

More ways to get help:

User uploaded file Philippines - find Country Location - for authorized Sales, Support, Repair

In fact, it is my hope that your topic stays posted for a time, so perhaps someone

in the Philippine and Singapore areas can see it and may find reason to contact

you to clarify your status. But it may be removed before I can post a reply.

Sorry to not be of much help from afar in this matter, and I feel your dissatisfaction

with the product, and how frustrating this can feel to get a new item & not have a

reasonably good use of it.

PS: Although I tried to forward the text of your thread to Feedback, it was too long

so I did not do that. I do have a copy of the original content. There were no replies

to this thread when I started an attempt to venture a reply...

In any event...

Good luck! 😐

edited

Why is my iPhone replacement not in very good condition? Is it refurbished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.