Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network problem- Software or Hardware ? i'm Lost

The set-up

I had a small home network with Mac OS X Server for many year, without big problems.

Recently, I replace my server from a MacPro to a New Mac-Mini

My Airport with a new AC Time Capsule

and my ISP from a Cable to a DSL.

Way too many changes at the same time.

Mac Mini is connected to the airport with EthernetCable.

The problem

It seems like the Mac-mini goes off-line every few minutes, for 1-3 minutes then come back.

The rest of the network is ok. With the Mini out, I lose the DNS, so I change my configuration on my MBA and everything is ok on this side.

So the problem, is either with ethernet port on the Airport, on the mini or maybe some sort of software Problem.

The problem is not always there but it is coming back more frequently every day.

Is there a tool I could use to help me locate the problems ?

Thank you

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:03 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 7:20 AM in response to Franco Borgo

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Network problem- Software or Hardware ? i'm Lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.