Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought an ipod touch 5g last year and the cable that came with it stopped working the follwing year

I bought an iPod touch 5g last year and the cable that came with it stopped working the following year

what should I do ?

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:22 AM

The cable is covered by the same one-year warranty as the iPod. Thus, if within warranty make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Otherwise just purchase a new cable. Genuine Apple cable tend to last longer.that third-party cables. Also, be more gentle with the cable. I am still using the same Lighting cable for my 7G iPod Nano and iPad 4 that I purchased 2 1/2 years ago.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 1:22 AM in response to osamahashi

The cable is covered by the same one-year warranty as the iPod. Thus, if within warranty make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Otherwise just purchase a new cable. Genuine Apple cable tend to last longer.that third-party cables. Also, be more gentle with the cable. I am still using the same Lighting cable for my 7G iPod Nano and iPad 4 that I purchased 2 1/2 years ago.

i bought an ipod touch 5g last year and the cable that came with it stopped working the follwing year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.