Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After UK clock change for BST my AppleTV says "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

My Apple TV, which yesterday was working fine, running latest iOS version, has stopped connecting to the iTunes Store. I just get the message "Cannot connect to iTunes store" and it has only two icons on the home-screen (Computers and Settings).

The AppleTV is connected by Ethernet cable to my BT HomeHub 5 broadband modem. It has an IP address and full set of DNS info, which I have refreshed twice. I have also restarted the Apple TV, without affect. My broadband connection is working fine, as confirmed via my iMac computer. The iTunes store is working on the computer in the iTunes app. Apple's status page lists no issues with Apple TV ( http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ ).

The only thing that appears to have changed is that last night, UK clocks went forward to BST.

This is somewhat annoying, as I was halfway through watching a film rental that I wanted to complete this morning.

Can anyone advise how to get my Apple TV working again?

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:18 AM

2 replies

After UK clock change for BST my AppleTV says "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.