Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple replaced my 5 with another 5 which wasn't updated to iOS 8.2

now i had to update this one to iOS 8.2 before i could download from iCloud but no photos have come or old txt music apps how do i get them back

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:05 PM

8 replies

Mar 28, 2015 9:26 PM in response to kdlaw

What photos, specifically, are you looking for? If you are looking for Photo Stream photos, then only the last 30 days or 1000 Photo Stream photos will download because that is the maximum that is stored in iCloud.

If you are looking for Camera Roll photos, you would have to restore those to your new device by using the most recent backup you made for your old device in iCloud.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 28, 2015 11:20 PM in response to kdlaw

Now that you have installed iOS 8.2, check to make sure that your iCloud backup is available by going to Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage, click on the device that you backed up, and see what it is showing for the Latest Backup date. If that was the date you did the backup of that old device to iCloud, then on your new device:

1. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Content & Settings to erase the device

2. Set up the device again, and when it asks if you want to restore from an iCloud backup, select the backup and restore the device from that last backup you did

After that you should be all set.

GB

apple replaced my 5 with another 5 which wasn't updated to iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.