Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync all my iDevices if they all have different apple IDs?

I have a macbook pro that my husband set up under his email, then I have my iphone under my email address, and then we have an iPad under our email adress, but I can't sync any of them, or add any of the email addresses to the icloud account. Of course no one tells you that you have to set up all your devices under the same apple ID. So know what? This is so stupid.

MacBook Pro, bought in 2010, so whatever operati

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:39 PM

So, it sounds like you now realize that you have to be signed in under the same Apple ID to sync.

Choose an Apple ID that has the MOST information to limit what you have to re-enter.

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 8:39 AM in response to ssschmidt

TThanks Schmidt, it's too bad that I had to come to the realization and wasn't told when my family wad purchasing all these devices. That wouldbe saved a lot of frustration. So once I've de odes which Apple id has the most information, then what? How do I reset all the others? I've tried adding all my other emails to one account, but of course they have already been used up for apple IDs! Just ridiculous. Also, with the device I would chose to keep as the Mother Apple ID, it starts saying that the computer isn't authorized. So I folow the instructions to authorize it. Then it says that it was! I'm ****** if I do, and ****** if I don't! i tried to give applE my number to call me back, but it was a riddle with some sort of fancy algorithm of entering in the digits. It's like Apple does not want this process to be user friendly at all! Phewf! Ok, my rant is done. thank you for responding to my original post. What are my next steps after deciding which apple ID? Is there a way to sign out of one ID and into another? Or do I have to completely reset all my devices? Thanksq

How do I sync all my iDevices if they all have different apple IDs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.