Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not sync photos

Hello,

I have some photos on my PC (Windows 7 laptop) that I'd like to put onto my iPod touch. I connected the iPod and opened iTunes. Then I clicked on photos and clicked the Sync button. It seemed to be doing something, and I didn't get any error messages, but I never saw the photos on the iPod. I'm assuming that I would see them in the "camera roll" where all my photos that were taken with the iPod currently reside. If that is not where they are stored, then where are they?

I also tried a completely different method, which was to open the iPod device folder from "My computer". This is what I do when I want to copy pictures I took on the iPod to my computer. It works fine in that direction. But when I tried to copy from the computer to the iPod folder, the cursor changed to a small black circle with diagonal slash, to indicate that the operation is not allowed(I guess?). And none were copied. Why can I copy photos from the iPod to the PC, but not the other way around? I thought there might be some incompatibility of the graphic format, but the pictures I was trying to move were all JPGs, and that is the same format used for all pictures taken on the iPod.

Could someone please help? Before posting this question, I first looked at some similar questions from other users, but almost none of them has any responses. Does anyone read this forum anymore? I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2, Garage band Send to iTunes

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 7:55 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:41 PM in response to Joyce3

You can try the following:

Make sure you do this:

Backup your content (and when I mean backup, backup the backup files into an external harddrive for extra precaution)

(1) Restart computer > Refresh your iPod > Sync

(2) Refresh iPod > unplug iPod > close iTunes and iPod related applications via Task Manager > re-open iTunes > plug in iPod > sync

(3) Refresh iPod > unplug iPod > delete iTunes Photo Cache (this is usually located in the source folder of the pictures you are syncing into your iPod/ it only exists if it somehow manages to sync at least a few photos into your device) > re-plug in iPod > re-open iTunes > sync

(4) Refresh iPod > close iTunes and iPod related applications via Task Managed >delete iTunes Photo Cache > 'delete' backup (rename the backup folder by adding '-old')

e.g:
87939uiofe290085082d5768e ---> 87939uiofe290085082d5768-old

(this is located in your AppData > Roaming > MobileSync > Backup folder)

then re-plug in your iPod > open iTunes > SYNC

You can try any of these steps and mix-and match them for the lulz.

If nothing works, just make sure you BACKUP from iTunes into your computer, and backup that BACKUP, NUKE your iPod (restore) > restore from backup > sync

Still doesn't work?

I'm pretty sure some Apple tech guy or gal is gonna comment and link you to the Photo Sync Issue page in which, you've already TRIED and NOT WORK so you can tell them to shove it. At this point you blame all the deities and (hopefully) Apple because they're not very helpful in the first place, plus this is very likely due to an iTunes/iOS / possibly BOTH iTunes and iOS update issues. I am currently having this problem as well, and I'm waiting for an optimized update (but then again, you know the updates don't really fix much)

can not sync photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.