Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup has a different email and i can't get in

I want to backup a backup from october. It has a different email and i don't know the password. when i try to recover it says my bday is wrong. when i try to send it to my email, i never get the email.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:38 PM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2015 9:41 PM in response to rhd2132

Contact applecare to have the password reset. They will verify the account is yours prior to resetting the password.

-If you established a rescue email address, there will be a link on the "Passwords & Security" page of id.apple.com. Clicking the link will send the reset to your rescue email address (NOTE: This is not the same address as your Apple ID email)

-If there is no link on the page, then you didn't establish a rescue email address. Contact AppleCare at 800.694.7466 (If you are in the US), and ask for account security. You will need to answer some questions to verify your identity, AND you will need access to a computer to generate a temporary support pin.

-If you are not in the US, click http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699 - Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

HTH

Mar 28, 2015 9:49 PM in response to ssschmidt

i have several backups but the one i need is on my other email and i don't know the password. it had a lot of data that i thought i lost. i was excited when i found this backup tonight so i was trying to access it. i don't know why the email is different. it was only a few months ago and i have not changed anything. they will be able to help me though

backup has a different email and i can't get in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.