Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock a wifi iPad locked by Find My iPhone?

I lost my iPad a couple weeks ago, and it turned up at a shopping mall close to home and I was notified via Find My iPhone. I immediately locked it with Find My iPhone, and subsequently retrieved my iPhone. Unfortunately, since I have not used the iPad for several months, I forgot the PIN of it, and therefore there seems to be no way to unlock my locked iPhone .

I tried taking the iPad to a open wifi location, to see if Find My iPhone can see it again, but it doesn't want to join any open wifi. I also tried connecting it to iTunes, restoring it to factory default setting, restoring it to latest iOS, and various other suggestions I found on the web. None of it helped.

Any suggestion from the community would be much appreciated!

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 8:30 PM

The device's original owner needs to take it and its original purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store or otherwise contact Apple.

(125062)

1 reply

How to unlock a wifi iPad locked by Find My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.