Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

failed to unlock my iphone 6

Hi there, I'm living in Canada. Last Christmas, I bought an iPhone 6 (A1549) for my daughter as a gift. It was locked to Rogers, a Canadian carrier.

Later, she went to Australia to pursuit her master degree and brought this iPhone with her. Two days ago was her birthday, I phoned Rogers to unlock it and was charged $50 for it, to give her a surprise and celebrate her birthday.

But after restarting, her iPhone needed activation! Phoned Rogers who said it's really unlocked. Phoned Apple customer service who said it's unlocked too. She had no choice and had to take 2-hour to get to Apple Store at Chadstone Shopping Centre in Melbourne, Australia. One Apple staff helped her to restore her iPhone 6 but it was still needed to activate. That means it's still locked!

Both Rogers and Apple said they were unlocked, but it is true that it was still locked! What's wrong with it on earth? My daughter's birthday and whole weekend were destroyed by this stubborn issue!

Please help us. Any advice is welcome!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:41 PM

There are no replies.

failed to unlock my iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.