Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting photos on iPad

uploading photos to iPad changes sort order to what looks like a random order. How can I sort photos by filename or date?

Please don't tell me I have to do it one by one as there are over 300 images.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:04 AM

Photos that you sync to the Photos app from your computer are sorted by their date modified field, you will have to change those dates on the photos on your computer and resync them to get them in a different order.

Or you could use a third-party photo management app instead e.g. Photo Manager Pro can copy photos to/from your computer and/or the Photos app, and you can change the sort order within the albums in the app (filename, date, size, or drag them into your own sort order).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 2:04 AM in response to peterfz30

Photos that you sync to the Photos app from your computer are sorted by their date modified field, you will have to change those dates on the photos on your computer and resync them to get them in a different order.

Or you could use a third-party photo management app instead e.g. Photo Manager Pro can copy photos to/from your computer and/or the Photos app, and you can change the sort order within the albums in the app (filename, date, size, or drag them into your own sort order).

Sorting photos on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.