Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 wont update or restore

Hello,

Here the last few weeks my 128GB iPhone6 would randomly reboot during use. Not any one specific apps, sometimes while sitting idle on the desk. It began progressing more frequently. So today I went to restore and wipe the phone to stock, then perform an update and then restore form backup. When I try to download through iTunes iOS 8.2 I get a Software Corrupt error, when I try a OTA it never locates the software. I boot the phone into recovery mode, and it just freezes on the Apple Boot logo with progress bar under it.

Even if I download the 8.2 ipsw file, and plug the phone into iTunes in Restore mode it doesn't recognize the ipsw files (location C:/Users/AppData/Roaming/AppleComputer/Iphone) and wants to try to download the files again.

Carrier is AT&T...

I'm lost... I don't want to drive 2.5 hours away to the Apple Store if there is still something I could try here... Anyone experience this before?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 1:58 AM

3 replies

iPhone 6 wont update or restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.