Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Run Older AirPort Express Base Station with Yosemite

I am running Yosemite, Airport Utility 6.3.4, which doesn't see my older Air Port Express.

I also have an older Mac, running Snow Leopard, which does see it.

In other threads discussing this same issue, access to an older mac is proposed as a solution... but the level of detail doesn't go much beyond, "use a Mac running an older operating system / version of airport utility to reconfigure the Air Port Express."

How do I use the older version of the air port utility on one computer and ultimately get the newer computer with the newer version of the air port utility to see the Air Port Express? Step by step instructions would be much appreciated!

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 9:56 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 11:32 PM in response to job

Once setup the airport express can be used by any wireless device. The actual OS or firmware it is running is irrelevant.

So simple.. set up the airport express in whatever role you want them.. I cannot give you details since you have not given any info on how you want to use them.

Once setup say to play music to a speaker.. the Mac will be able to find the device.. airport utility will see the device .. it is simply that Apple decided you cannot configure it.

If you want details, then we need full details of the network.. and how you intend to use the express.

How Do I Run Older AirPort Express Base Station with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.