Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect Bluetooth headset Sony(MDR-XB950BT) with my MBPr late 2013?

I cannot connect Bluetooth headset Sony(MDR-XB950BT) with my MBPr late 2013 but my iPhone 6 plus can do it... please, tell me why?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Even I had the same problem , but I found a solution on the support page of Sony:

First, turn on your headset by pressing the power button for 2 seconds. Wait a couple of seconds, then press it again, but now for 7 seconds or a bit more.

The power indicator should be flashing red-blue quite fast. Now, go to your bluetooth settings on your mac and watch your MDR-XB950BT appear 😀 Couple it and you're done!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2015 8:05 PM in response to Mapopkarn

Even I had the same problem , but I found a solution on the support page of Sony:

First, turn on your headset by pressing the power button for 2 seconds. Wait a couple of seconds, then press it again, but now for 7 seconds or a bit more.

The power indicator should be flashing red-blue quite fast. Now, go to your bluetooth settings on your mac and watch your MDR-XB950BT appear 😀 Couple it and you're done!

Jun 1, 2016 5:28 PM in response to ramtejatadishetti

OMG thank you! I was about to return these headphones after struggling for an hour to pair them with my ipad. It took a few tries of pressing & holding the button like you said but all of a sudden the indicator light starting flashing blue/red quickly like you described. Then the headphones FINALLY showed up in my list of bluetooth devices on my ipad. THANK YOU!!!

I cannot connect Bluetooth headset Sony(MDR-XB950BT) with my MBPr late 2013?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.