Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is disabled , connect to iTunes.

iPhone is disabled , connect to iTunes on black screen and i cannot go to DFU mode or do anything and when i connect to itunes it tells me to allow access, please respond in your iphone. and if i pressed all buttons nothing happens., it happens on my iphone 5 ! NOTE: that's gifted iphone from my friend and its my first use for iPhone !, thanks alot

iPhone 5, iOS 8, this iphone is gifted from a friend

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 11:18 PM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2015 1:10 AM in response to KhamisOnline

You need to talk to your friend about this - if it is a gift, then they need to sign out of iCloud or give you the relevant log in details. You have encountered what is known as activation lock and the phone is useless to you unless you get the relevant details from your friend.

Talk to your friend and get the log in details or give the phone back to them, as without these details the phone is totally useless to you and you will never be able to use it.

iPhone is disabled , connect to iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.