Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synching Contacts between iCloud users has stopped

Synching Contacts between iCloud users in same family has stopped on MacBook, iPhone and MacBook since one user took out own iCloud identity. Can't seem to fix it. OS10.10.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:27 AM

9 replies

Mar 29, 2015 4:14 PM in response to AntonLargiader

Thank you Anton.

Originally we used the same Apple ID and we had contacts synching perfectly between 2 iPhones, one iPad and 2 MacBook Pros. Then we took out a separate Apple ID for half of the above and since then have not been able to synch. Family share is on. I have searched but just can't find a help subject on this one. Many thanks.

Mar 29, 2015 5:20 PM in response to Simon Kemp

I still don't know if you mean that there is no syncing among the devices that remain on the original AppleID, or if you have merely lost sharing to the devices that got the new one.

The devices remaining on the old ID should still sync as before. If they don't, do you mean that they still have te contacts but their individual edits are not propagated? Or they no longer have the contacts? What do you see when you look at the contacts on iCloud?

If you mean that the devices on the new ID no longer sync to the original ID, well, that is what I would expect. I think there's a solution but clarify what isn't syncing to what before I try to go into that.

Mar 30, 2015 4:06 PM in response to AntonLargiader

Thank you again Anton. All synching is OK in each ID group. That is to say that on group 1 the MacBook Pro iPhone and iPad are synching / talking to each other and on group 2 the mac book pro and iPhone are talking to each other.

The problem now is that the two apple IDs, and their respective contacts, do not synch with each other.

I hope that clears it up. Thanks.

Mar 31, 2015 5:29 AM in response to Simon Kemp

I learned of that while looking for a way for my parents in law to share notes between AppleIDs. So many supposed experts said it wasn't possible (you'll read that here, too) but someone else posted about the ID sharing thing and it worked perfectly.

iCloud is complex. The different apps share info in different ways... some (Photos and Calendar) only need an invitation, some (Contacts and Notes, it seems) need an account login, maybe for some it's not possible at all. I don't know. If it were simple we wouldn't have all of these questions about it. 🙂

Everyone gets steered away from sharing AppleIDs but then get told, "Oh, you can't share this info now, it's just not possible." Pretty unfortunate.

synching Contacts between iCloud users has stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.