Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk failed after installing internal

Hello all,

I have an iMac 11,1 Late 2009. It's internal drive was failing and I was able to recover, almost, all the contents using carbon copy cloner. For it, I formated the drive using GUID partition table.

The original drive was a 1TB Barracuda drive and the new one is a 2TB Barracuda.

After a reinstall of Yosemite, I was able to boot the computer with the drive connected via USB. Once I was able to boot, I mounted the new drive internally it showed up the grey folder with the question mark.

I used a USB stick with Yosemite installer to launch Disk Utilities and what showed was quite extrange to me: It showed MBR partition table and just a 250.6 GB partition. Partition type was 0xEE. All Verify and Repair options were grayed.

If I install the drive again in its enclosure and connect it via USB it boots perfectly.

Any ideas? Thanks to everyone in advance,

Ivan

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:11 AM

There are no replies.

Disk failed after installing internal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.