Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp no device drivers Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit on my Mac Pro (Late 2013)

So far, I have tried the following:

• USB 3.0 Drive created with the Boot Camp Assistant
  • USB 2.0 Drive created with the Boot Camp Assistant
  • USB 3.0 Drive created with the Windows USB Creation Tool + Manually adding Boot Camp Support Software
  • USB 2.0 Drive created with the Windows USB Creation Tool + Manually adding Boot Camp Support Software

The issue I am having is that I am unable to continue past the first screen in Windows Setup, I get an error message stating that no device driver software has been found, and to locate the software. I've tried selecting all possible drives in the browse menu, and there is no software found.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the Boot Camp Assistant software is just broken or something. But any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:18 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 6:19 AM in response to Shilofax293

Your Windows 8.1 ISO/DVD media is corrupted. Please use Microsoft FCIV tool to verify its integrity with checksums provided by the source from where you obtained the Windows media. If you are using a DVD which was burnt from an ISO, please ensure the burn rate matches the physical media, and ensure that the write to the physical media is verified.

Boot Camp: Creating an ISO image from a Windows installation DVD - Apple Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/841290?wa=wsignin1.0

bootcamp no device drivers Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.