Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After replacing main board how to install OS X

Hi guys,

I had lots of problem with my late 2011 macbookpro, after Apple's main board replacement program, I gave my computer to the service( not apple store, because I don't have one in my city). Now they changed my without any payment but they didn't install any OS X in to my computer and they want to charge money for installinng OS X. Is it normal? (My first question)

I am trying to install OS Xit but I couldn't manage ( when I gave to my computer to the service I have mavericks by the way.) Now When I enter Os x utilities menu and press reinstall Os x. Os x mavericks screen is appeared. I am connecting wifi and entering my apple id but it says 'This item is temporary unavailable . Try again later'

Can you help me what can be problem?? How can I install OS X my own?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:40 AM

7 replies

Mar 29, 2015 5:46 AM in response to pohlymnie

My opinion is that you should have had an OSX installed as part of the replacement process. But my opinion counts for little.

Try this: Boot the MBP with the OPTION + COMMAND + R keys down.

If successful, you should see a revolving globe. By following the directions, you will be connected to the Apple servers and should be able to install the original OSX that came with your MBP (Lion was the OSX for late 2011 MBPs).

You will need a solid Internet connection.

Ciao.

After replacing main board how to install OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.