Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my mac book pro and my iphone 4 compatible to eachother?

Look; When I connected my iphone 4 to my mom's macbook pro, itunes told me that I needed to update to itunes version 11.1 or later... well this macbookpro can not update to any newer version than the 10.6...

both the iphone and the macbook are running on their latest update avaliable.

Mac OS X, version 10.5.8

Iphone 4, version 7.1.2 (11D257)

So the main question is; What is wrong with apple?

I'm a fan of windows for a good reason! this mac book costed my mom's a small fortune and to my knowlege any window computer way older than this mac are compatible with my iphone.....

Why would apple make it so dificult for mac user to use their apple products?

Is there any way to make this iphone compatible with this macbook or should I just keep using windows?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:45 AM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2015 4:18 AM in response to mende1

Hi!
Opened the system profiler app, of course that is a macbook pro....

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B00

Mar 29, 2015 4:23 AM in response to bobfrombikinibottom

That MacBook Pro even supports OS X 10.10, so you can upgrade without any problem. Exactly, you have an Early 2008 MacBook Pro.

In order to upgrade, it is highly recommended that you have a backup of your files, although you should not have any issue with the upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard". Having this in mind, you can purchase Mac OS X 10.6 on a DVD from the Apple Online Store -> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

After getting the DVD, it is as simple as inserting the DVD and following the steps. After you have upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard, open the Apple menu -> Software Update, and install all the listed updates. One of them should be iTunes, but if not, run Software Update again after installing all the upgrades.

When you have installed all the upgrades, you will have the option to upgrade to OS X Yosemite from the new Mac App Store app if you wish.

Why aren't my mac book pro and my iphone 4 compatible to eachother?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.