Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini (A1455) does not upgrade to iOS7

Hi

I have an ipad mini (A1455) and can't upgrade it to iOS7 through system setting. I get a message that my sw level is up to date. But based on apple data about compatibility it should not have a problem. I'm i doing something wrong or miss something?

iPad Mini, iOS 6.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 3:39 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 5:20 AM in response to nkaramet

No, that's not normal behavior. If you don't use iTunes, don't start now. There are some steps that you should take before you use iTunes with your iPad. It's not very difficult but there is no sense, IMO to add another step to this process if it can be resolved otherwise.

Have you tried using another WiFi network? I don't see why that would make a difference but I am sort of stumped as to why you would get this message.

Try a reset and then see if you can update. You will not lose any data when you do this. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen after which time you can release the buttons and let the iPad start up.

ipad mini (A1455) does not upgrade to iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.