Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove black "blocked plug-in" window that opens with iPhoto. It covers iPhoto and everything under it. I've right and left clicked the black window, restarting the computer, shutting down the computer, but the window always appears when I ope

How to remove black "blocked plug-in" window that opens with iPhoto. It covers iPhoto and everything under it. I've right and left clicked the black window, restarting the computer, shutting down the computer, but the window always appears when I open iPhoto and it will not move or go away. It stays on my screen (covering my desktop icons) even after I quit iPhoto. How can I get it off my screen?

Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 5:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 6:37 AM in response to Shelborne

Which version if iPhoto and MacOS X do you have?

Do you have any iPhoto plug-ins installed?

Open the folder /Library/Application Support/iPhoto/Plugins/

To navigate to that folder, open the folder "Library" directly on your Macintosh HD, then inside the Library folder go to Application Support, then iPhoto. Is there anything installed?

How to remove black "blocked plug-in" window that opens with iPhoto. It covers iPhoto and everything under it. I've right and left clicked the black window, restarting the computer, shutting down the computer, but the window always appears when I ope

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.