Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad (3rd gen) loses cellular connection (ATT) every 20 - 25 seconds

My iPad (3rd gen, iOS 8.2) works fine on WiFi, but its cellular connection cycles between "searching" and a strong signal (5 dots) every 20 to 25 seconds. It's been doing it for a week now, at several different locations. I've restarted the iPad, removed and reinserted the SIM chip, and reset network settings. None of those helped. Any ideas on what I should do next?

iPad, iOS 8.2, AT&T cellular

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:03 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 3:59 PM in response to Brett L

Thanks for the advice Brett. I tried the article's recommendations to no avail. I did find another article "Get help with the cellular data connection on your iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular Model)", which led me to the solution: I went to settings:general:reset and chose "reset all settings". That solved the problem.

Apr 4, 2015 4:45 AM in response to Brett L

I thought "resetting all settings" fixed my problem, until I turned on Location Services in Google Maps, and the problem returned. Turning off Location Services and restarting the iPad restores normal cellular operation. Tried Location Services in Apple Maps and it also triggered the problem. Looks like an iOS 8.2 bug, to me.

iPad (3rd gen) loses cellular connection (ATT) every 20 - 25 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.