Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rented itunes movie to play on iPad mini 2 and black screen appears with loading then goes back to homepage? Help?

I rented an itunes movie to watch on my iPad mini 2. Every time I press the play icon the screen goes black, says it's loading then it just goes back to title page. Help please? Thanks.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 4:36 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Betty_teambbb

If you haven't already done so then try closing Videos app (and any other apps that you have open) via the iPad’s multitasking bar and see if it plays when you re-open the app : double-click the home button to open the taskbar, and then swipe or drag the Videos app's screen from there up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

You could also do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Mar 29, 2015 9:30 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you for your response. I've tried both tips and it still doesn't work. The only thing that I've noticed is other movies that I downloaded at the same time are working fine. It's just this one movie and it has the cloud logo in the bottom right hand corner. Could it possibly not have downloaded properly? When I click on the cloud it says you have already rented this movie but still have the option to buy it? It is in my account purchases but still won't open. Thank you.

Mar 29, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Betty_teambbb

It has fully downloaded i.e. there isn't a Downloads tab in the iTunes store app with that film listed (Downloads won't show if there are no outstanding downloads) ?

If not then if you search for the film via the iPad's spotlight search screen (pull down the centre of the homescreen, but not from the very top of the screen) does it play from there or does that also fail to play ?

If that also fails then try the 'report a problem' page to contact iTunes Support : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

Or you can try contacting iTunes Support via this page : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

Rented itunes movie to play on iPad mini 2 and black screen appears with loading then goes back to homepage? Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.