Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro A1425 keeps powering off after 5 or 10mins

I have 13" Macbook Pro A1425 (Late 2012) that keeps powering off after 5 or 10mins.

I've made the mistake of formating the SSD and trying to reinstall OS X 10.1, but now I am stuck with regards to installing.

As the Macbook Pro is basically powering off midway through installing the new system with about 10mins before completion of the install.

I've every tried booting via a bootable hard drive and tried cloning a system to the internal SSD, but I basically get the same problem

with the Macbook Pro powering down midway through the cloning process.

To me I am thinking the internal Apple SSD is acting up making the Macbook Pro to shut down, but am open to suggestions as to what

could be causing my power downs.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Ginger_Benn

Hello Ginger_Benn,

It seems your Mac is shutting down randomly during use. That does sound troublesome. Based on the information you have provided, it appears your MacBook Pro needs to be serviced. The following link should help you get started with the process and has links with additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing, battery replacement, and express replacement service.

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem." - Apple Support

Also, this article may be helpful:

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

Macbook Pro A1425 keeps powering off after 5 or 10mins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.