Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove & Push Settings failed

I am trying to get profilemanager working - currently sending remove/push settings does fail immediately (remove settings) or is pending forever (push settings: depending on payload?) whereas device enrolment, trust certificate installation, initial installation of settings using the website as well as requesting "Update Info" from profile manager does work.

1. During my research, I found out what ports to open in the firewall - amongst others: 5223

2. The server port should be accessible from 17.0.0.0/8 network

There I already seem to have an issue since I am not quite sure either it is a certificate, firewall, setup or service issue.

Am I wrong if I would expect port 5223 to be listening on the OS X server - at least for localhost?

master:~ root# telnet 127.0.0.1 5223

Trying 127.0.0.1...

telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

OS X: 10.10.2

Server: 4.0.3

Client: iPhone 6

iOS: 8.2

Thank you for your suggestions!

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 4:39 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2015 10:12 AM in response to frank.hirsch

Solved by some nasty issues

1. When using self signed certificates on your server, make sure to export the ROOT certificate from your keychain to install by hand on your device(s)

2. Do not use IKEv2 VPN or other profile settings restricted to "supervised devices" unless you are sure they are supervised

3. Ignore the fact the your server may not listen to port 5223

If you are still having issue, enabling Push Notification Log will also help.

Remove & Push Settings failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.