Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

40 GB of video tutorials disappeared from iPad

i have a 128 GB iPad Air running iOS 8.2.

As I'm in hospital for several weeks I loaded 40 GB of video tutorials in iPad format into the video app (I manually sync music and video, not automatically).

Yesterday the videos were there, this morning they are gone (but only the tutorials, not other videos)

I restarted the iPad several times but no luck.

Spotlight can't find them either.

The space is still in use as I have only 3.5 GB of free space on the iPad.

How does that happen and what can I do?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Markus

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 4:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 7:17 AM in response to MarkusWinter

Try resetting your iPad. You may have done this when you restarted but it's not clear to me. If you restarted your iPad by just turning it off, then back on try the actual reset. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

40 GB of video tutorials disappeared from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.