Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi, I changed my Iphone in apple store and they gave me locked Iphone insted of unlocked!! how can i changed it to unlocked ?

hi, I changed my Iphone in apple store due to microphone problem and they gave me locked Iphone insted of unlocked!! how can i changed it to unlocked ?

iPhone 4, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:34 AM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2015 8:56 AM in response to med.o.o.o

med.o.o.o wrote:

hi, I changed my Iphone in apple store due to microphone problem and they gave me locked Iphone insted of unlocked!! how can i changed it to unlocked ?

If the original phone was unlocked via the original carrier & you're still with that carrier then you usually have to contact them to get them to unlock the replacement, you just send them a copy of the paperwork indicating the phone has officialy been replaced.

If unlocked by a third-party then that's why you recfeived a locked phone as it wasn't logged by Apple.

If no longer with the original carrier then you'll have to check with them to see what their unlocking policy is - usually it is to obtain a payg sim of the original carrier (3) & top up with the exact amout to unlock then request an unlock.

hi, I changed my Iphone in apple store and they gave me locked Iphone insted of unlocked!! how can i changed it to unlocked ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.