Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will not install error message 2

I keep getting some message about something, it then rolls back, carries on, then comes up with error message 2 at the end.

Tried uninstalling and re installing, tried installing apple applications support manually, tried to edit the stuff in the registry which worked....until i plugged my phone in then itunes said my phone wasn't compatible, told me to uninstall and re install, I uninstalled and then it's back to square one, won't install again.

I don't know what else to do because all the solutions offered on here i've tried about 40 times.

Getting really fed up - this should be a simple process, not something that takes 4 hours and still isn't working.

Sort it out Apple!

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:05 PM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 2:05 PM in response to davem0203

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

itunes will not install error message 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.