Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

force wireless discovery of iPhone?

Is there a way to force iTunes to rescan for iOS devices that should be connecting to iTunes wirelessly?

I have several iPhones / iPads in my family and there is always at least one device that iTunes does not find in the wireless list. It happens to all of my phones at different times, it is not a specific phone / iPad that has this issue. It is completely random which one it will decide not to pick up.

I'd like to be able to make iTunes re-scan to try and pick up the devices that it did not find.

Thank you for your courage.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Early 2011

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 6:45 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 9:30 AM in response to elbenoit

Update:

I've tried quitting the AppleMobileDeviceHelper and restarting iTunes but none of the missing devices appear in iTunes.

I'm sure if I plug in my phone using the USB cable and toggle the wireless sync option in iTunes, it will recognize the phone over wireless again..

However this is an ongoing issue. It will work for a few days then stop working.

I feel that I should not have to regularly be required to plug my phone into the computer to get wireless sync to work.

I may as well not even bother with wireless sync..

force wireless discovery of iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.