Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import photos from older version of iPhoto?

I recently upgraded my OS to OS X Yosemite. This morning I tried opening iPhoto and got an alert message indicating I first had to upgrade to the current version of iPhoto. I just downloaded and installed iPhoto 9.6.1. How do I import the photos from my previous version of iPhoto? When I get to Import from File, the old iPhoto app in my applications does not appear as a file I can choose.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:10 AM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 7:25 AM in response to WoodyfromHackettstown

When I get to Import from File, the old iPhoto app in my applications does not appear as a file I can choose.

You need to open the old iPhoto Library, not the old iPhoto application.

The photos are stored in the iPhoto Library.

By default the iPhoto Library is in your Pictures folder. Select the iPhoto Library there and double-click it to open in iPhoto.

Which version of iPhoto did you upgrade from? If it was iPhoto 7.1.2 or earlier, you need to run the iPhoto Library Upgrader first.

See this link on how to download, install and run the upgrader: iPhoto '11: About the Library Upgrader

How to import photos from older version of iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.